School of Health
Search in Web
SKUMS at a Glance
Deputy of Education
Deputy of Research & Technology
Maps & Directions
Education at SKUMS
Education Development Center(EDC)
Committee of Research in Education
Student's Committee of Medical Education Development
Basic Health Sciences Institute
Clinical Biochemistry Research Center
Cellular & Molecular Research Center
Medical Plants Research Center
Cancer Research Center
Research Center in Health Modeling
Social Determinants of Health Research Center
Research Center in Midwifery & Nursing Sciences
Kashani University Hospital
Hajar University Hospital
Imam Ali University Polyclinic
Hazrat Rasool University Polyclinic
Media & Communication
Apply to SKUMS
Department of Public Health
Public health is the main branch of health sciences and the graduates of this group work to protect, promote and rehabilitate the health of the community. Graduates of this field must be equipped with a set of sciences, skills, and beliefs that are used to preserve, develop and promote the health of the community.
Throughout the time, humans have been struggling to gradually move towards how to provide "health" and disease control through the acquisition of different experiences from different generations and communities.The expansion of societies and industrialization has encountered with new issues such as the spread of diseases, the occurrence of various epidemics, the emergence of environmental and workplace issues, migration, demographic issues, and mental health issues, and over time, the "prevention of medicine" domain has become more autonomous in the area of treatment-based medicine.
Preventive medicine has evolved into its the evolutionary path as general public health in the areas of "disease control", "social engineering" and, ultimately, "health for all". The Public Health Department began work in 1946 with the establishment of Associate of Health Sciences With family health trends and the fight against diseases both, in full time and evening programs. Since 2007, a part time BA course in public health and also since 2010 a full time BA in public health course has been established, and Associate courses have been deleted.
Beliefs and Values of the Public Health Group: We believe that having "health" is the right of all people. Graduates of this field and related trends should provide the desired services With "healthy", "community", "prospective" insights, and using appropriate strategies and technology, attracting people's participation in affairs, intergenerational cooperation, and considering social justice and the principle of equality of people, taking into account national and regional priorities.
We believe that health services can be presented in an integrated manner. Therefore, graduates of this discipline must acquire the necessary information and capabilities in multidisciplinary form.
The mission of the public health group is to educate and train familiar, faithful forces and agents of the concepts, foundation, and strategies for providing, maintaining and promoting health for the community, family and the individual.
Students in the fields and trends of public health, while consolidating their position in the health sector and training on the basis of the day's information, can create the ability to absorb the labor market and meet the needs of society.
- Training and educating of forces that:
Are familiar with the knowledge and practice in line with the needs of the environment, society, family, individual and, with the assessment and evaluation of risk factors and intervention, and changes in the level of health of the environment, society, family, and person.
Are familiar with how human, environmental, economic, and social factors affect the delivery, maintenance, and promotion of health at all levels.
Are familiar with how to intervene through the needs assessment, health education, epidemic control, nutrition care and change in health indicators in relation to community health.
Graduates from the Public Health Department will take on the following roles in their future career in the community:
- Educational role: training on covered individuals
- Research Role: Contributing to Applied Research (HSR) in the health sector of the country
– Role of care: Participation in programs approved by the Ministry of Health , treatment and Medical Education at the community level, such as care for the development of children, care for pregnant mothers and so on , taking into account the three levels of prevention.
- Executive role
Educational role: The duties of graduates of this field and related trends are:
- Education to all people covered by graduate’s service centers; (Assistance in health education to technicians and health care providers to serve in the target centers)
- Teaching mothers during pregnancy, lactation, menopause
- Pre-marriage training and counseling to covered individuals
- Helping Applied Research (HSR) in the healthcare sector of the country
- Submitting research projects in applied research
- Assisting in research interviews and collecting required data and analyzing the results
- Pre and postpartum care for mothers
- Child care during infancy, infant and pre-school
- Monitor the health of school children according to the needs
- Assisting and monitoring the implementation of the MANA, ARI, CDD, EPI program
- Participating in school health programs
- Providing family planning services to covered individuals
- Supervising how to set up and complete a case for covered households
- Monitoring the implementation of referral cases
- Assisting in performing other duties of health care units in cases of necessity
- Providing prevention services and fighting disease
- Monitoring the prepatory requirements of service centers
- Using Combined Learning Strategies (using an master-based or student – based strategy as needed)
- The use of practical and real-world fields of work and simulated fields
- Using problem-oriented approaches, according to that case, with emphasis on prevention
Average Scores:0 Total Scores:0
Ministry of Health & Medical Education
Follow SKUMS on social:
Copyright © 2014 S.K.U.M.S - All rights reserved